Sunday, July 3, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Below is an excerpt from my upcoming August release, I Can't Get Next to You. We're still working on the final cover, but this will give you an idea of what the story is about. 


Here's a short blurb:


Rick Gardner never intended to visit one of Atlanta’s premiere strip clubs, but his fellow attorneys choose that venue to celebrate his latest courtroom victory. A born again Christian, Rick knows Dreamland is the last place he belongs. Still, he’s confident he can withstand the temptation. Until the beautiful woman sent to entertain them walks in …


Six Sentence Sunday #1:

Tamyra

No matter how many times I calculated, the number fell far short of what I expected or needed. The Small Business Administration required $20,000 collateral, and at this rate, it would take forever to see my venture fulfilled. My goal for the New Year was to put away half of my salary and try to live on the remaining half, not an easy proposition considering most retail sales associates barely squeak by making just above minimum wage. Three quarters of the year already were gone, and I’d only managed to save a little over $3,000. Frustrated, I stuffed the calculator into the backpack I used for school. For years I’d dreamed of opening my store, visualized every available spot filled with unique handmade items and household d├ęcor items. My store. Every time I thought about it, a tingle ran down my spine.

- - - - - -

You can read Chapter One of the story here: http://chicki663.webs.com/excerptsfrommywriting.htm


Keep an eye out for I Can't Get Next to You
coming in August on Kindle and Nook!

1 comment:

PatriciaW said...

Love the blurb. Sounds intriguing...