Sunday, August 7, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday Excerpt #5

Today I'm continuing with another excerpt from my August 15th release, I Can't Get Next to You.


Excerpt #5:

For the past few weeks Pastor Burnett had been teaching a series on darkness versus light. His message stressed the power of light and how darkness can’t remain in its presence. For two months I’d been exposed to the underbelly of society. Sharing the details of the case with the jury and researching similar cases had burned images of cruelty into my brain. I’d observed jury members grimace in disgust as they listened to the details of my client’s abduction and subsequent brutalization in graphic detail. Every night I went home emotionally and spiritually drained. The only thing that kept me sane was service at church.

If you haven't seen the video trailer yet, you can watch it here:


Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: