Monday, October 3, 2011

Change of plans

My plans for this past weekend included Christmas shopping, a stop at the Post Office and at Office Depot to get copies made, a forty minute drive to my daughter’s house to pick up my grandsons so they could hang out my husband and me.

On the way to our first errand, the car died. We had to call my brother to pick us up and leave the old Jeep Cherokee on the street.

To shorten a very long, boring story, we ended up getting a rental for the weekend from Enterprise, a hot candy apple red, Dodge Avenger with Sirius radio.

The Avenger is a nice car, but this latest diss by my sixteen-year-old ride has revived my latent hunger for a brand new vehicle. Before I left the nine-to-five world, I always had a new car. Over the years I’ve had three Camaros and two Firebirds. It’s just the kind of car that speaks to me.

Since Enterprise is right down the highway from a Chevy dealer, I couldn’t resist stopping by and taking a look at the new Camaro.

Big mistake.

Right out front the dealer had a gleaming black on black model sitting right out front at the curb. Oh, gee. My knees got weak …

The restyled Camaro debuted in the first Transformers movie as one of Bumblebee’s forms, and I’ve been salivating ever since.


Some of you might laugh at the image of a five-time grandma cruising around in an American muscle car, but I suggest you keep your laughter to yourself. We need to replace the Grand Cherokee fast. It might as well be with a Camaro.

I’ll leave you with this song from back in the day. It’s my new theme song …


I'll keep you posted ...

7 comments:

Angela Guillaume said...

Now that you have a blogger page, I can post comments! The Camaro is HOT, so go for it, babe. You have enough energy and verve to spark it up without the ignition key, so I'm not laughing. I hope you get the car of your dreams x

Regina Duke said...

Chicki, you definitely need a new car. I feel as women we need to be able to depend on our transportation! Loved the pix, too. That candy apple red rental is never in the lot when I need one. LOL

Zee Monodee said...

That car is seriously sexy! I can totally imagine it in a Fast & Furious movie :) Rock on, Granma Chicki :)

Sharon Cunningham Cooper said...

The Camaro is at the top of my list...just not ready to give up the Mustang yet...but soon! Let me know when you get yours and maybe I'll be ready for mine by then. :)

MJKane said...

Okay, I wasn't laughing until I played the song! OMG! @ Zee, you know when she gets it, it's gonna be equipped with Vin Diesal! LMBO! But I'm sure she's gonna have him as an accessory, NOT the driver! GO Chicki GO!

Chicki said...

Now the major obstacle is convincing hubby that it's time to junk the Jeep. He hangs onto things until they literally disintegrate! MJ, I can't decide between Vin or Dwayne, so maybe I'll have them occupy the front seats and I'll ride shotgun. LOL!

Tonya Kappes said...

I can't wait to see what you get!! Muscle car all the way!!!