Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sample Sunday

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing

Dee and Michael Reese have been married for two years. They have a loving, passionate marriage, are raising a beautiful toddler, are actively involved in their church and are successfully managing two businesses.

But their perfect life is unraveling at the seams.

Can Dee’s marriage survive the ultimate betrayal? And will Michael pay for this betrayal with his life?

Today's excerpt:

Two days later, Krista came back into Lyrics accompanied only by her bodyguard right before they opened for the night. Once she exiled her brawny overseer to a corner, she took a conspicuous seat at the end of the bar and waited for Michael to walk out of his office.

“Krista,” he said, stopping short in surprise. An early guest’s presence didn’t take him off guard, because even though it wasn’t common knowledge, he purposely left the doors unlocked for his pampered clientele who thought it an inconvenience to wait until a specified hour. Rather, he’d been sure that his disregard of Krista’s note had circumvented her interest.

“We’re not open yet for the night. Are you here for an early dinner?”

“Not exactly. Sit down and have a drink with me.”

He took the barstool next to her and told the bartender to give him a cranberry club soda. “I waited for your call, but it never came. Why not?”

“Because I’m a married man.”

“What’s the matter? All I said was that I wanted to see you,” she taunted.

He hadn’t yet dressed in his work clothes. Until it was time to open, he wore what he was most comfortable in – jeans and a t-shirt. Krista leaned toward him and ran a perfectly manicured fingernail up and down his exposed bicep.

“I’ll only be here for another week then I’m off to the winter shows in Europe. Paris and Milan are waiting for me.”

“I’m sure they are.” His eyes took in her legendary long legs, barely covered by a microscopic mini dress. He’d never seen anything so perfect in his life.

“I have a house here I hardly ever use because I’m always traveling. But when I am here, it’s always nice to have some visitors. It’ll be strictly business, Michael. I want to talk to you about scheduling another party when I come back to town. Are you available for that?”

What she really wanted was clear, and he was flattered. The flattery wasn’t what moved him though. Instead, it was a vision of running his hands up the legs that had graced so many runways and the thought of tasting the plump lips responsible for making women the world over buy the lipstick she advertised. His groin ached at thought of making love to the most beautiful woman in the world.

“I’m always available to discuss club business,” he said, trying to blink away the image. “When do you want to get together?”

“How’s Thursday afternoon for lunch?”

“I’ll put it on my calendar and call you,” he said, looking directly into her eyes and touching her hand gently. “Now I’ve gotta get back to work.”

She tossed her long hair back over one shoulder with an alluring smile then signaled her bodyguard that she was ready to leave.

Available on
and

No comments: