Saturday, February 25, 2012

Silly Saturday - An Alternate Reality

I should have posted this yesterday, but ...

Continuing from my last Fun Friday post, I am confessing my current television weakness - reality shows.
The T.O. Show has become one of my faves, and since I’ve never been a football fan, I started watching without any preconceived notions. What I love about it is how transparent Terrell is. He’s really a nice person who suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. He developed a big mouth as a defense mechanism during his very stormy childhood, and unfortunately, it ruined his career as an adult. But Terrell Owens is a survivor, and a very good-looking one.

He’s trying his hand at business and has dipped his toe into the acting world. I can’t wait to see what he is going to do next.

La La Vazquez Actress LaLa Vasquez arrives to the W Magazine Golden Globe Awards party on January 14, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.

I didn’t know LaLa Vasquez when she was a VJ on MTV, but I am fascinated by her life as Mrs. Carmelo Anthony on LaLa's Full Court Life.
Carmelo Anthony and LaLa Vazquez Photo
The “First Lady of the NBA” seems to be highly motivated and has her hands in several different projects. She is definitely no Kim Kardashian.


Tia and Tamera was another of my must-watch shows thisl season. The twins have been on television since they were little, and it’s great to see how they’ve grown into successful married women. The thing I love about this show is the dynamic between the sisters. I hope it returns next season.

Okay, now I must make the big confession and admit to my absolute can’t miss realityshow – The Real Housewives of Atlanta.


This show pulls me in for several reasons. First of all, it’s the only one of the Housewives franchise to feature black women. I know there’s a lot of black money in Atlanta, more than any major city in the US, but these aren’t the folks I hang with!

I love seeing real black people with money. Granted, they’re not Trump/Hilton rich, but I get a kick out of seeing where they shop and eat, places that are right here in the metropolitan Atlanta area yet I’ve never even heard of most them. A couple of weeks ago, I had to smile when a couple of them had lunch at Wahoo, a restaurant where my son-in-law used to work as the sous chef and my family has eaten a few times.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I am living vicariously through these spoiled, pampered, self-centered sisters, and I don’t mind living in an alternate reality a few hours a week …

No comments: