Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring ... time for a change


All right, I confess. I've been struggling with this blog, and until today I haven't an answer for what to do about it. But this morning, my author friend, Tonya Kappes, wrote a splendid entry.

Her post got me thinking about the things I do that result in putting unnecessary pressure on myself. One of those things is the idea that I have to always post something educational or informative for writers. There are already hundreds of blog that do an incredible job with that, for example, WG2E, Let's Get Digital, Publetariat, and The Passive Voice.

This month many bloggers joined the Alphabet Blog. When I first received the invitations, I had considered participating then changed my mind, because I knew writing an entry every day would be too much for me with my already crazy schedule. Now I have reconsidered.

The concept of the Alphabet Blog is to write an entry using a topic that begins with a different consecutive letter. So, I've decided to join the parade albeit sixteen days late. LOL! Considering how easily I succumb to pressure, I won't put these entries on any type of schedule. Let's just say, with the exception of previously scheduled guest blogs, I'll start with "A" and whenever I post again, the next entry will be on a topic that starts with "B."

I'll just leave it at that.

5 comments:

Pj Schott said...

Thank you, Sister!!

Sharon Cunningham Cooper said...

Hmm...ABC blog - that sounds pretty cool! Oh, and I feel your pain re: blogging. I have the ideas, but taking the time to sit down and turn them into a post is a different story. :) I'm challenging myself to do better though. ...maybe I too should consider the ABC blog ... well we'll see.

Chicki said...

Sharon, I've been blogging 2-3 times a week since 2006. What else is there to talk about? LOL!

Caroline Gerardo said...

It is O.K. no it is good to say no to some things. I love writing shorts and poetry and prompts but every beagle in the business says stick with long form. Make blogging a fun way to loosen the brain from those bits of plaque and let 'em rip Sister Scribbler
hugs

Chicki said...

Thanks for stopping by, Caroline. I think that's my problem. I don't like writing short things. I am a novelist at heart. Even the short story I recently published was originally part of a novel. LOL