Monday, October 8, 2012

Author Spotlight - Phoenix Brown

Phoenix C. Brown is sitting in the author spotlight today! Phoenix is another of my wonderful online buddies.
 
       
She is the author of two contemporary fiction novels, Beautifully Imperfect and All that Matters in the End and two short stories, Damaged Goods (urban) and Tangled (erotica).
 
A California native, Phoenix  spread her childhood between two cities that she loves; Long Beach and Riverside. Growing up she was a shy person who spent a lot of her time reading and writing. She credits her high school teacher, Erin Gruwell, as the person who lit the fire under her to eventually publish her novels. After she was rejected by a few publishing companies she refused to let them telling her "no" deter her from her dreams. She believes that God has a purpose for her and all she wants to do is fulfill it. Her advice to other inspiring authors/writers is to keep the faith and never give up on your dreams because if it's for you...then HE will make a way. She resides in Anaheim, CA with her husband and two sons.
 

Synophisis of Beautifuly Imperfect:

All it took was one phone call to change the lives of four people. Be the fly on the wall as Rebecca Thomas, Malik Thomas, Natalie Hunter & Jennifer Nilon find out that what's done in the dark will always come to the light. Secrets will be revealed! Tears will be shed! Hopes will be extinguished! Dreams will be shattered! Find out what happens and get caught up in the page turning drama as you learn... That life is Beautifully Imperfect.

Excerpt from Beautifully Imperfect
Rebecca

“You’re still mad at me?” He stopped watching the game to study my face.

“Yes and I probably will be for a while.” I started picking up the clothes he had left on the floor after his shower. “You need to learn how to pick up after yourself.”

“I was going to get to those later but right now I want my wife to come and lay down with me.” He pulled me down beside him on the bed and moved his body on top of mine.

“What can I do to make it up to you baby?” He murmured as he began kissing my neck. I was about to reply when the phone rang.

“Ignore it.” He said as he kept kissing me.

I wanted to give into temptation but I knew Natalie would just keep calling if I didn’t answer. I picked up the phone and covered the receiver. “Give me ten minutes and you can have the rest of the night to make it up to me.”

I smacked him on the butt as he walked out of the room frustrated.

“This better be good girl.” I leaned back on the bed to prepare for the next chapter in my best friend's life. “Malik was ready to get it on.” I giggled. “Hello?” I could hear breathing on the other end. “Natalie?”

“No, this isn’t Natalie. Can I speak to Malik please?” The woman’s voice on the other end didn’t sound familiar. I checked the caller id and the number was showing as unknown.

“Who is this?” I glanced at the clock on the dresser and saw that it was a quarter to ten.

“Jennifer.” She responded with an attitude.

“And what is this about Jennifer?” I questioned as I walked into the kitchen where Malik was warming up leftovers. The expression on his face left a bad feeling in my heart.

“This is between me and Malik.” She answered with annoyance. “But if you really need to know.” She paused. “I'm calling regarding our child.”

Where to buy:
Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-C-Brown/e/B0068OPH6E/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Nook:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/phoenix-c.-brown

Contact Phoenix C. Brown:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/phoenix.c.brown
GoodReads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/5416598.Phoenix_C_Brown
Twitter: twitter.com/pcbrown09
Pinterest: pinterest.com/pcbrown09/

 

35 comments:

Sharon Cunningham Cooper said...

I love finding out about authors I haven't heard of. I'm looking forward to checking out this book. The excerpt sparked my interest. Best of luck in your writing journey, Phoenix.

Monique DeVere said...

Hi, Chicki & Phoenix,

Fab excerpt! I'm off to discover more! :)

angelynscrimesofpassion said...

Sounds intriguing

msgeminiphoenix said...

Dropping by to show some love and support to my girl, Phoenix! Do your thing beautiful! Muah ~ Dyphia

Ciara said...

Hey boo, dropping by to support one of my favs... Xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Phoenix is a phenomenal writer and I am glad to see the spotlight shining on her and her work! (Deidra D. S. Green)

phoenix c brown said...

Thank you everyone for the support! @Sharon Cunningham Cooper & @Monique DeVere...Thank you for checking out my work! I hope you enjoy! I also have the sequel out to Beautifully Imperfect (All That Matters in the End) and two short stories branching out into different genres. Damaged Goods is an urban and gritty tale of murder and suspense. Tangled is an erotic tale of passion, lust and lies gone wrong. I hope you check it out and enjoy them! God Bless!

Regina Duke said...

Love the excerpt! Good job! So nice to meet you. :-)

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks Regina! Nice to meet you as well! (smile)

Divalicious said...

Very good books ladies....she is one of my favorite Authors!

Anonymous said...

Excellent reads people...way to go Phoenix the spotlight is yours. Congratulations.

Mesha

Brenda Stokes Lee said...

Hey Phoenix, great books! Enjoy your time in the Spotlight you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Phoenix just wanted you to know big fan of your books.

sharon Wade

phoenix c brown said...

THANK YOU everyone for the love!!! I appreciate it! All I ask is...Please leave reveiws and hit the like button on amazon. It helps to get the word out! I am so overwhelmed that you all are so supportive of my work! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

David L said...

Shout out to author extraordinaire, Ms. Phoenix Brown for crafting yet another masterpiece. Her uncanny ability to both educate and entertain her readers is refreshing in an otherwise stale literary atmosphere. Congrats!

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks! Its a pleasure for me to bring my work to you! I hope its intrigued you enough to try it ; 0)

phoenix c brown said...

Thank you! I'm appreciative of Chicki for giving me the opportunity to reach her readers! God Bless!

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks!!!! I hope you enjoy what you read!

phoenix c brown said...

Thank you! I hope you get a chance to check it out!

phoenix c brown said...

Awww...thanks sweetie! Muah!

phoenix c brown said...

Xoxoxoxo...right back at ya Ciara! ♥

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks Deidra! That means a lot to me coming from a writer of your caliber! I appreciate your support as always! Feels good knowing you have my back!

phoenix c brown said...

Yeah! Glad I made that VIP list!!! Thanks!!!!

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks Mesha!!! Glad you enjoyed my books/short stories! God Bless!

phoenix c brown said...

Thank you Brenda! You're an awesome person and a great author! I'm honored that you came by to show love! Congrats to you on all of your success!

phoenix c brown said...

I appreciate your support Sharon! I hope to keep writing things that will keep you a fan ♥ God Bless!

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks David! Totally appreciate the support! Thanks for stopping through! Congrats to you on your success as well!

Chris Brown said...

From the beginning of Beautifully imperfect, I was astounded by how the words flowed off the page and kept me intrigued. I've had the pleasure to have read all of your art. Truly amazing that you have the ability to write romantic fiction, as well as urban and erotic genres. I'm proud that you let others appreciate your one of your passions. The great thing about your books is that they aren't just books for women. As a man, I've found myself either have experienced some of the dilemmas depicted in the book, or know someone that has. These books are must reads. Can't wait until your vision is made into a movie. Great job beautiful!!!

Michael Valgos said...

Phoenix does an outstanding job with her books. She sends you on a journey, and you pass through many crossroads and it allows your mind to wander with the material. I believe that what Phoenix has done up to now is just the tip of the iceberg. Her talents are unlimited, so get ready for the ride, but remember to hang on tight she is going to take you to places you have never realized. She is truly a revved up high octane writer, and I can't wait for more.

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks babe! I love you!

phoenix c brown said...

Awwwww....*tears* thanks Daddy! Love you and mom! Muah!!!

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks babe! I love you!

Ednah Walters said...

this sounds like fun. Fabulous excerpt.

phoenix c brown said...

Thanks Ednah! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Dorcas Graham said...

Wow, nice excerpt...may God bless you in your writing!!