Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Party Time!



Welcome to the Fall First Paragraph Party!

I love sharing the work of other authors, and I really appreciate those authors that dropped by over the past month to feature their books. Since I still have about nine days, before Ain’t Too Proud to Beg releases, I will be sharing the opening paragraphs to some amazing books. The clips are short and are provided to whet your reading appetites. If you click on the links, you’ll be able to read more about each book.

Who knows? You just might find the perfect Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa gift

#1

“This is the last time I wear this dress.”

“Oh, please, Ebony,” Yasmine, my best friend and roommate, yelled in my ear.

The music pounding out of the nightclub’s speakers made it nearly impossible to hear her.

“Stop fidgeting. You look uncomfortable,” she added, winking at the bartender who handed us our drinks.

No matter how many times I adjusted the hem of my dress, it was impossible to ignore the warm air tickling the backs of my thighs as people pushed past me in the crowded bar. It would take more fabric to keep my shapely derriere from involuntary exposure.

“Thanks.” I slipped money into the bartender’s tip jar, and he rewarded me with a gorgeous smile. “For the record, I am uncomfortable.” I turned to face Yasmine. “Freakum dresses are your thing, not mine.”

Yasmine laughed. “True, true, everyone’s not blessed blessed with a body like mine.”

– from A HEART NOT EASILY BROKEN by M.J. Kane


http://www.kindleboards.com/book/?asin=B009DID8HW 

#2

"I up and left him for another man, so what on God's green earth would make him want to take me back?" Deborah had been asking herself this question the entire drive to the book signing. And now, as she parked outside of the Barnes and Noble on 356 in Pickerington, Ohio, she still had no answer. Dreadfully, she knew her answer lay inside that one-level bookstore, in which the smell of flavored caffeine from the little Starbucks in the front corner of the store would assault her nose from the moment she stepped inside. - from THE SUNDAY ONLY CHRISTIAN by E. N. Joy


http://www.amazon.com/Sunday-Only-Christian-Still-Divas/dp/1601627408/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1353796634&sr=1-1&keywords=the+sunday+only+christian

#3

I sat on my front porch and closed my eyes as the warm rays of the sun bathed my face. I smiled. It was a small smile, but it was a smile nonetheless. Freedom. That’s what the sun felt like. Freedom. For so many years, I’d coveted it, craved it. Now, I had it and I honestly dd not know what to do with it. – from See Me by Adrienne Thompson


Kindle and paperback: http://ow.ly/ePcsF
Nook:
http://ow.ly/ePcxS

Kobo:
http://ow.ly/eQd0T


Stop back on Wednesday to read some more clips!

4 comments:

Ms. Muusikluvver said...

Thanks, Chicki!!
-Adrienne

bettye griffin said...

What a wonderful idea, Chicki! I'm enjoying these.

Penelope Marzec said...

This is a great idea and a wonderful way to help other authors!

Chicki said...

Bettye and Penelope, everyone is welcome to join in. I'm posting as many as I can between now and Dec. 4th. All I need is the first paragraph of your latest release, author name, title and buy links sent to my Facebook inbox. :D