Thursday, April 4, 2013

What's going on?

I've been a lousy blogger lately. The month of March was awesome for me. I received my first mention in a major newspaper thanks to Michelle Monkou's fabulous column in USA Today online, Happily Ever After!

On Monday, Ain't Too Proud to Beg was the Book of the Day over at eReader News Today. As a result, the book reached:

#1,694 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#6 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Romance > African American
#6 in Books > Romance > Multicultural
#20 in Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American

Great week, but as far as the new manuscript goes all hasn't been so great. I go through highs and lows, ups and downs. It seems to be part of my process.

Progress on A Woman's Worth isn't going as fast as I'd like, and I am frustrated. Here's where the meter stands right now:



It's a dark, dreary, rainy day in Atlanta -- my favorite type of writing day, so I'm not leaving the house. The entire day, well what's left of it at this point, is dedicated to Marc and Gianne.


I've gotten them to the first turning point in the story. Now the good stuff starts! Hopefully, I can ignore the call of the Internet until this evening...

No comments: