Friday, August 23, 2013

Announcement

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am postponing the launch of A WOMAN'S WORTH. Everything that could possibly go wrong has gone wrong.  

I have finally calmed down enough to talk about what happened today. Everything was on schedule until last night. So many different things happened today, it was unbelievable. First thing this morning, Comcast, my ISP, wasn't working, so I didn't get the message from my editor that the file I sent her for the final read-through was the wrong one. Then I got a virus on my laptop AND my PC. The same document/program must have infected both of them. I couldn't convert the manuscript using Mobipocket, so I downloaded Calibre. That's where I think the virus came from. When I ran my anti-virus software, it took three hours and said there were 538 infected files! I didn't get that straightened out until two hours ago.

I thought I was going to lose it completely this afternoon. I actually cried. I need a break, so I'm taking next week off to read and go see a couple of movies, then I'll get back on the ball.

1 comment:

J.L. Campbell said...

Hope you feel a bit better now, Chicki, and that things are coming together for you.