Saturday, January 17, 2015

Preparing for the promo parade





I finished Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough and submitted it to my editor last Saturday! Since I only had a week before she sent it back to me, I spent last week getting my promo plans in order.

If you are an author, you’ve probably heard the scuttlebutt about Facebook changing their rules about promotion in 2015. So far I haven’t seen any changes yet, but I suppose they are on the way. Many authors are reconsidering the time they spend on social networks, and I’m one of them. Facebook has been very good to me in the past. I absolutely love the social interaction there. Twitter has a wonderful literary community too.  Since I got on the Google+ train late, my books are still gathering steam there. But, if I am going to get much needed exposure elsewhere, I need to spend less time in other place where readers hang out.

One of my decisions for this year is to get more exposure on book web sites, book promo sites and with book bloggers. For the past two years, I’ve been filling a folder with the home pages of these sites when run across them. The folder is two inches thick, and needless to say, it needs some kind of organization in order to be helpful. Gradually I’ve been going to each site, entering the pertinent info into a chart so I can discard the folder and simply work from the chart -- time consuming to say the least, but it must be done.


This phase isn't all grunt work, though. The fun part was creating photo promos like these for the book.






I have a few more to make this weekend. Next week I'll be busy typing in the editor's changes, formatting the Word document and uploading it to the different retailers. Hopefully, it will go live by the end of the month...

2 comments:

Stella Eromonsere-Ajanaku said...

What a great job you have done, Chicki. Best of luck with the upcoming release and promo.

What are the changes Facebook is introducing? Please share.

My blog is open to you anytime.

Chicki Brown said...

Here's an article from PC World - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2472223,00.asp