Thursday, March 26, 2015

It's my prerogative...

                                       

Before we left to hit the road for North Carolina last Sunday, I filled a bag with CDs. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's having to listen to awful music while driving through the boondocks. One of them was The Temptations' Greatest Hits.

When I heard this song, I realized the words are perfect for my work-in-progress, which I'd previously titled, It's Cheaper to Keep Her. The lyrics to the old Johnny Taylor song are great, but the more I thought about it, that title seems a bit cynical. Money does figure into Vic and Ramona's relationship, but Vic never feels like staying with her is a way of settling. so he doesn't have to divide up his assets.I want this story to have a positive  message, and I believe the words of the song express the story better: 



Soooo... the new title is I'm Losing You





No comments: