Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Goals and plans...

One of my goals for 2016 as far as my work goes includes blogging more. In the past I've always had this feeling that I needed to have something deep or profound to say, and if I didn't I wouldn't blog.


This year I want to share more about my daily author routine and plans for the future. That being said, right now I'm stuck in the "sagging middle" of I Want You Back. In fact, since most of my books run 90-100,000 words, at 48,000 words it's exactly the middle. If you're a consistent reader of this blog, you know that I go through this kind of aggravation with each book I write. This is what I feel like at the moment...


This is the point where I normally get in touch with my author buddies to do a little brainstorming, and they always help me out of the slump. I Want You Back is a romance with a twist, and I love Nick and Cherilyn. I just need to figure out what direction the story should take from here.


The last book in the Stafford Brothers series will be Jesse's story. He is the boldest and most politically active of the brothers, and his book will be a bit different, because he's already married. From what I know so far, he and his wife will find themselves in serious trouble due to his community activism. 

Another goal for this year was to host an author event, so I was excited when author Chelle Ramsey, who is also lives in the Atlanta area, contacted me and asked if I was interested in putting together an event that will feature a couple of dozen local authors. We want it to be a relaxed event where readers can meet and chat with authors as well as purchase their books. Chelle and I are working on finding a location and choosing a date, and then we'll be announcing it everywhere!

(Okay, it won't be this big, but you get the idea.) 

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Chit - Chat said...

Happy 2016 endeavors. Thanks for being committed to your goals, inspiration and aspirations. ...

Chit - Chat said...

Vallean Jackson Author of Valentine Kiss , is found a great romantic anthology read about two hearts united against all odds.

Chit - Chat said...

Her Hearts Desire written by Lisa Y Watson is an interesting read, Watson is a noted Harlequin Romance writer .