Wednesday, April 6, 2016

On Hiatus...

Before I Want You Back released I had decided to take a little time off to take care of things I'd been avoiding during the writing phase. It's been a week, and I have successfully crossed several big projects off of my To Be Done list.

The major one was to purge my office files and sort my reading material. It was a huge job that took several days, but that chore was finished yesterday. There's something about clearing out clutter that makes me happy...



One of the things I wanted to do once the office purge was done was to take a few days reading all of the craft and marketing articles I've saved over the past year or so. Hopefully I can get some of that in before Monday when I plan to start on Inner City Blues, the sixth and final book in my Stafford Brothers series. 


This last book is going to be a bit different from the others, because Jesse is already married. Here's a hint: Jesse volunteers at a neighborhood free clinic in one of the roughest parts of Atlanta where his wife, Cydney's family still lives. When an event similar to what happened in Ferguson, Missouri takes place in this neighborhood, he finds himself in an ethical dilemma and at odds with some family members. It's going to be good! Here's the title song...


I still haven't gotten I Want You Back uploaded to Nook because of a formatting issue. I've contacted them twice, and still haven't received a response, which is typical for B&N. No wonder we keep seeing these signs...

Keep an eye out for my announcement about the upcoming contest...




2 comments:

Paulette Nunlee said...

Just finished reading Want You Back and loved it. All the brothers were great. Vic and Mona are still my favorites.

Your teasers in the book about Jesse have already hooked me. I appreciate your stories with such realistic characters showing how hard we work to get to a comfortable place in life.

I'm hoping we don't have to wait too long for Jesse and Cyd.

Thank You. I'll be writing you a review shortly.

Chicki Brown said...

Thank you so much, Paulette! I'm so happy you loved the book. I'll be starting Jesse's story on Monday.