Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What's Happening


I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted a blog entry. I've been so wrapped up in working on Inner City Blues, Jesse Stafford's story, and making notes and character profiles for Born To Be Wild that I hadn't noticed.

ICB has taken more research than I'd expected. I don't know a thing about the law and specific punishment for particular crimes, thank God. Neither do I have a clue about the rules established by the American Medical Association on how they sanction members for misconduct. The story is getting to be pretty interesting, if I must say so myself. 

At the same time, ideas for BTBW, the first book in my Lake series, have been coming to me. Since I know how my memory works, or doesn't work, these days. I know it's best for me to stop whatever I'm doing at the moment and record these thoughts in a computer file. As usual, visuals also start to manifest, and that sends me directly to Google to find pictures to fit what I've seen in my head. I mentioned in an earlier post that the idea for this book came while hubby and I were on vacation last year. We'd driven through a lovely lake town called Eufaula, Alabama. I instantly fell in love with the place. Right now, I don't know if I'm going use the real name or if I'll create a fictional one, but I'm certainly using the pictures I found online of the historic town.

Yesterday, I started creating the character/setting collage. I don't have names for my main characters yet, but I know what they look like. She is a quiet, bookworm who was born and raised in this small town. She's smart, financially savvy and besides owning the town's independent bookstore, she is also a homeowner. He is an a gregarious alpha male from Atlanta who belongs to a motorcycle club (not outlaw gang).

So far, this is what I have...


Of course, I need to add the secondary characters once they gel in my mind. This will certainly be an "opposites attract" romance, but I also need to come up with some other conflict to keep the story interesting.

I'll keep you posted, and if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

2 comments:

Sharon Williams said...

Wow I am excited for both ... I love the Staffords and Born to be Wild sound like it will be a hit also. I love your writing style and I think it is great that welcome others ideas ... If I think of something I will definitely let you know 😊

Chicki Brown said...

Thanks for your support, Sharon!