Sunday, July 9, 2017

Status Update


Sales of Born To Be Wild have been wonderful. On Friday morning more than  600 copies had been purchased, and it hasn't been a month yet! Thank you to everyone who bought the book. Your support is appreciated more than you know. 💓

                                                   

Since the book released I've been spending most of my time on marketing and promotion. In addition to my regular social networking promotion, I did three author takeovers and one interview in some of the Facebook reader groups and a fourteen-stop blog tour.

Beverly Jenkins, the queen of African-American historical romance and one of my favorite authors, even did an unexpected promo for me on Facebook, which put a stupid grin on my face for days.

Now it's time to get back to writing. I started writing the first chapter of A Song For You, Book Two in The Lake Series this week and also created a first draft of the story photo collage. This is Breelyn's story. She is the best friend of Tangela, the female protagonist in Born To Be Wild, and from the comments I've read so far, readers seem to really like her.


Naturally, I'll be adding more pictures as the secondary characters show up. I already know who a couple of them are, but I need to sit down and work on an outline. All I have at this point are random story notes. I'm 2,000 words into the story, but since I'm not a pantser, I need a more structured guideline from which to work.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going. 😊


2 comments:

Flirty & Feisty Romance said...

You know, I thought I was the only one who was itching to go straight back to writing. My upcoming Sweet & Steamy Romance Novel, "You're Mine" is releasing tomorrow and I'm already planning to carry on writing a story I started months ago.

Once again, congratulations on a successful blog tour, Chicki! And I wish you well in writing book 2.

Chicki Brown said...

Best wishes on your new release, Stella! I always chuckle when people say, "You've already started another book?" I tell them that I'm a writer, and writers write!